Electricians - larger projects

e.g. whole house rewire, new developments

Simply fill in a few brief details below to find qualified electricians who cover your area.

It only takes a few seconds to appear on your screen. You can then contact them directly to discuss your requirements in more detail, compare prices and book a convenient date for the job. 

This is a FREE service and there is no ‘middle man’.

If you have difficulty filling in the form or need help, please call us on 0800 0147 453.

 For smaller jobs click  medium or small

or  home security & fire   or   electrical testing

What is a larger electrical project?

A large project will typically be something that generally takes several visits to complete, such as a full house rewire or newbuild or a flat conversion.

Click small or medium for jobs that aren’t so large.    Or click electrical test and report.



Finding the right Electrician

Finding suitable electricians can be time consuming as they can sometimes be difficult to get hold of.  Plus you really need to talk to more than one before deciding how to proceed. But by filling in the above form you will be given contact details for several professional electricians covering your area so you can get in touch and progress the job reasonably quickly.


What is a Registered Electrician?

It is important that electrical work is carried out only by ‘competent persons’ who have the necessary knowledge, skill and experience to avoid danger. Registered Electricians work will comply with the UK national standard, BS 7671 – Requirements for Electrical Installations. They will issue a safety certificate for their electrical work to confirm that the installation has been designed, constructed, inspected and tested, in accordance with the standard. You should ensure that your chosen Electrician is registered with one of the following organizations: BRE Certification Ltd British Standards Institution ELECSA Ltd NAPIT Registration Ltd NICEIC Group Ltd SELECT (Scotland).

If you do not require electrical work but an electrical test and report, click here.


Part P of the Building Regulations (England & Wales)

Part P ensures all electrical work undertaken within a dwelling (including the garden) is carried out safely by a qualified electrician and that the Local Authority Building Control department is notified of this work. When you come to sell your property a Certificate of Compliance will be required by the buyer’s solicitor for any electrical work – to prove it’s been done safely.

‘Approved electricians’ can ‘self-certify’ that their work complies, and the organisations above will issue the certificate to you and notify Building Control.


Powered by Local Surveyors Direct