Structural survey inspections

Find structural engineers to diagnose cracking, subsidence etc

Simply fill in a few brief details below to compare prices for a structural survey report on your property.

These price comparisons come directly from qualified Structural Engineers and specialist Building Surveyors who cover your local area.

It only takes a few seconds to appear on your screen. If you wish, you can then contact them directly to compare prices and book a date for carrying out the inspection.

This is a completely FREE service to use.

N.B.   A General Structural Survey (GSI) covers the entire building to detect structural defects whereas a Specific Structural Survey (SSI) just focuses on a specific area, such as localised cracking.

Structural engineer surveys


When might you need a Structural Engineer?

Click here if you need structural design calculations for new building work

Property Details
Your Contact Details

NOTE: Your details are not shared with anyone other than the firms providing the estimates

If you do not want to provide your phone number, please enter 0000.
HideShow terms and conditions summary

T&Cs Summary

We provide you with a list of Structural Engineers and RICS Building Surveyors who can carry out an inspection of your property should you decide to appoint them. There is no obligation and this is a completely FREE service.

If you wish, you can contact them directly to book an inspection or they may contact you should they need to. If you'd rather not give your phone number please just enter 0000. We will not use your details again other than a brief feedback email from local surveyors direct to check you were happy with their service.

Should you decide to proceed, any contractual relationship and payment would be between yourself as the client of the service provider you choose to appoint. You will be dealing directly with them and Rightsurvey can accept no legal liability.

Full terms and conditions

What is a Structural Survey?

A ‘structural survey’ is the old term for what’s now known as a ‘Building Survey‘ – which is a detailed inspection of a property from top to bottom. A ‘structural inspection’ on the other hand assesses specific problems like cracking and leaning.

Structural Engineers specialise in assessing the load-bearing structure of buildings: foundations, walls and roofs. They can carry out a professional inspection of problems with existing buildings, such as cracking, a badly leaning stack or suspected subsidence. They can also provide structural design calculations for any alterations you are considering, as well as helping with Building Regulations plans and applications.

 Copy 25.7 013

Professional Qualifications of Structural Engineers

A Structural Engineer will normally be a member of the IStructE (Institution of Structural Engineers) or a member of the ICE (Institution of Civil Engineers).  Structural Engineers with the letters ‘CEng’ after their names are known as Chartered Engineers. It is wise to commission the services of a Chartered Engineer, although there are some Engineers with considerable experience who are not chartered. Also, some Chartered Building Surveyors specialise in structural inspections.



When might you need a Structural Engineer?

A ‘Specific Structural Inspection’ is appropriate where the problem is confined to one area and you do not require an inspection of the whole building. If you would like an inspection of the whole building then you will require a Building Survey (or a ‘General Structural Inspection’). If you are considering structural changes to an existing building or if you are planning a new building, it will need to comply with the current Building Regulations. A Structural Engineer will be able to help you through the application process.

Middleford barn - before 3

 Powered by Local Surveyors Direct