Loft Conversions have never been more popular – here’s why
With so many of us now working from home there’s a massive need for adding ‘office space’. Converting your loft is an obvious solution as as most are just wasted space. It’s also a lot cheaper than building an extension because you’ve already got expensive parts of the build like the foundations and the roof in place.
Better still, according to the RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) creating extra rooms in your roof can boost your home’s value by more than 20%.
The trouble is, converting lofts into living accommodation can be complex without professional guidance. You could always employ a specialist contractor, but it’s often possible to save a lot of money by managing individual trades and tackling some of the work yourself . But where do you start?
Expert advice comes in the new 2021 edition of the Loft Conversion Manual – now comprehensively updated. At 224 pages this unique manual is illustrated with hundreds of photos and diagrams, making it the UK’s most comprehensive guide to designing, building and managing a loft project.
- Professional advice on selecting and managing building contractors
- How to make big savings directly employing individual trades
- Clear guidance on compliance with the Party Wall Act, Planning and Building Regulations
- How to select the right dormers and roof windows for a bright attractive living space – from the multiple available styles and design options
- How to correctly design and install loft stairs and make the necessary structural alterations
- Step-By-Step photo features show how to install different types of insulation, how to fit roof windows, and how to make the most of limited space with ‘dropped ceiling’ conversions
Our next blog – coming soon ……
What do estate agents actually do?
Check out our Rightsurvey blog page for more industry tips and secrets written by property professionals to help put you in control.